Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2001 13:05:25 -0900
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        "Daniel Mester" <DanielM@EverAd.com>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Keeping updated port collection

On Friday 16 March 2001 09:55, Daniel Mester wrote:
> Thanks - but i'm in troubles with that. I wanted to update only
> /ports/sysutils directory so i made those changes to sup-file:
> *default host=cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
> *default base=/usr
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
>
> and
>
> ports-base
> #ports-archivers
> #ports-astro
> ports-sysutils
>
> So i run 'cvsup changed_ports_supfile'.
> What i got - it just deleted all the files int the
> /ports/ports-base/name_of_port & /ports/ports-sysutils/name_of_port -
> only README.html's have left in those directories... I reinstalled ports
> again now. :(
> Do i need to clean /usr/sup directory after this mess and run it again
> or i do something wrong?
> Thanks,
>   Daniel.

The ports collection are under the tag:
ports-all tag=.

If you try to update under the RELENG_4 tag they will all be deleted as there
is no 4-STABLE Ports tree. They are always under the "CURRENT" tag.

Hope This Helps

Beech

     Beech Rintoul - Network Manager - akbeech@anchoragerescue.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Anchorage Gospel Rescue Mission
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | P.O. Box 230510
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99523-0510