Date:      Fri, 15 Apr 2016 01:03:29 +0000 (GMT)
From:      jenkins-admin@FreeBSD.org
To:        bdrewery@FreeBSD.org, asomers@FreeBSD.org, wblock@FreeBSD.org,  ngie@FreeBSD.org, ae@FreeBSD.org, scottl@FreeBSD.org,  imp@FreeBSD.org, jenkins-admin@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD_HEAD_arm64 - Build #2874 - Fixed

FreeBSD_HEAD_arm64 - Build #2874 - Fixed:

Build information: https://jenkins.FreeBSD.org/job/FreeBSD_HEAD_arm64/2874/
Full change log: https://jenkins.FreeBSD.org/job/FreeBSD_HEAD_arm64/2874/changes
Full build log: https://jenkins.FreeBSD.org/job/FreeBSD_HEAD_arm64/2874/console

Change summaries:

298017 by asomers:
Add more debugging statements in vdev_geom.c

Log a debugging message whenever geom functions fail in vdev_geom_attach.
Printing these messages is controlled by vfs.zfs.debug

MFC after:	4 weeks
Sponsored by:	Spectra Logic Corp

298016 by ae:
Add External Actions KPI to ipfw(9).

It allows implementing loadable kernel modules with new actions and
without needing to modify kernel headers and ipfw(8). The module
registers its action handler and keyword string, that will be used
as action name. Using generic syntax user can add rules with this
action. Also ipfw(8) can be easily modified to extend basic syntax
for external actions, that become a part base system.
Sample modules will coming soon.

Obtained from:	Yandex LLC
Sponsored by:	Yandex LLC

298015 by imp:
Add note about CAM I/O scheduler.

298014 by ngie:
Regenerate the list of bsd.progs.mk supported variables

Prefix with dashes (unordered list) and put one variable on each
line (to avoid future conflicts)

Done via the following one-liner:

> sh -c 'for i in $(make -C tests/sys/aio PROG=foo -VPROG_VARS:O); do printf "\t\t- $i\n"; done'

MFC after: 1 week
Sponsored by: EMC / Isilon Storage Division

298013 by ngie:
Commit documentation change for r298012

Requested by: bdrewery
X-MFC with: r298012
Sponsored by: EMC / Isilon Storage Division

298012 by ngie:
Add DEBUG_FLAGS to PROG_VARS and STRIP to PROG_OVERRIDE_VARS

This will allow the variables [*] to be overridden on a per-PROG basis,
which is useful when controlling "stripping" behavior for some tests
that require debug symbols or to be unstripped

DEBUG_FLAGS (similar to CFLAGS) supports appending, whereas STRIP is
an override

*: Due to how STRIP is defined in bsd.own.mk (in addition to
bsd.lib.mk and bsd.prog.mk), and the fact that bsd.test.mk pulls in
bsd.own.mk first, overriding STRIP doesn't work today.

A follow up commit is pending to "rectify" this after additional
testing is done.

Discussed with: bdrewery
MFC after: 1 week
Sponsored by: EMC / Isilon Storage Division

298011 by imp:
Add a comment about why the timeout for flush was lowered to 5s.

298010 by imp:
Add in missing files from r298002.

298009 by bdrewery:
Regenerate

298008 by scottl:
Update the devd.conf man page to describe the new CAM/periph system/subsystem.

MFC after:	3 days
Sponsored by:	Netflix

298007 by bdrewery:
Add more content for WITH_META_MODE/WITH_DIRDEPS_BUILD.

Sponsored by:	EMC / Isilon Storage Division

298006 by bdrewery:
META_MODE+filemon: Default -DNO_CLEAN enabled.

When using meta mode with filemon, the build is reliably incremental
safe.  Bmake will use the meta files, along with filemon information,
to rebuild targets when their dependencies change, commands change,
or files they generate are missing.

Sponsored by:	EMC / Isilon Storage Division

298005 by wblock:
Remove a link to the CTM section of the Handbook, which no longer exists.

MFC after:	1 week

298004 by scottl:
Add a devctl/devd notification conduit for CAM errors that happen at the
periph level.  When a relevant error is reported to the periph, some
amplifying information is gathered, and the error and information are fed
to devctl with the attributes / keys system=CAM, subsystem=periph.  The
'type' key will be either 'error' or 'timeout', and based on this, various
other keys are also populated.

The purpose of this is to provide a concise mechanism for error reporting
that is less noisy than the system console but higher in resolution and
fidelity than simple sysctl counters.  We will be using it at Netflix to
populate a structured log and database to track errors and error trends
across our world-wide population of drives.

Submitted by:	imp, scottl
Approved by:	kenm
MFC after:	3 days
Sponsored by:	Netflix