Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 1997 15:06:35 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        kacanski@umich.edu (Kacanski Aleksandar)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Integraph T-300

In a previous message, Kacanski Aleksandar said:
> Hi,
> I am interested in getting FreeBSD installed on the Integraph TD-300
> workstation. I have NT4.0 installed on it, so dual boot would be good
> way to set it up.
> My questions are:
> Did anyone attempted to install FreeBSD on Integraph intel based
> computers?
> Is this PCI based SCSI conntroller supported: AdaptecAIC 78XX PCI SCSI
> controller (IRQ=9 ...)?
> How about video drivers ->MGA64 Matrox graphics?

Both of these are supported. 2.1.6 for the Matrox.

> And last, would someone explain to me how the remote ftp installation
> works. My understending is that you can download the binaries to your
> MS-DOS partition and from there with the Boot floppy finish the
> installation. I don't see how someone can set up network installation
> without having comparable operating system on the client side (FreeBSD). In my case I
> have NT 4.0 and I am not able to run any sheel program on my machine
> (maybe I can but I don't know how to do it?)

What you need to do is download the boot floppy image and the rawrite
utility. Use rawrite to put the image on a floppy and boot off of that.

Use the NT command prompt. This is more or less a DOS shell.

--
Income Tax is equitable because you make a buck; you pay a buck.
		- Irv Anderson, DFL Majority Leader, Minnesota House of Reps