Date:      Sun, 15 Mar 2015 01:23:05 -0700
From:      Stanislav Sedov <stas@freebsd.org>
To:        Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Building Cross Compiler and u-boot

> On Mar 14, 2015, at 9:14 PM, Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com> =
wrote:
>=20
> Hello I am trying to build the cross compile tools and make u-boot.
>=20
> Tim Kientzle spoke about two ways of getting cross compilers for
> outside of building FreeBDS:
>=20
> 1) make TARGET=3Darm TARGET_ARCH=3Darmv6 buildenv
>=20
> after a successful buildworld
>=20
> 2)make xdev XDEV=3Darm XDEV_ARCH=3Darmv6
>=20

FWIW, you don=E2=80=99t need FreeBSD toolchain to build uboot =E2=80=94 =
it=E2=80=99s a freestanding
application and does not depend on FreeBSD ABI.  Using a compiler from =
the
cross-gcc port will suffice.

You will need to provide TGTARCH=3Darm and TGTABI=3Deabi when building =
the toolchain.
There used to be a arm-rtems-gcc port available which provided packages, =
but
it was sadly removed along with other useful ports.  But if you=E2=80=99re=
 using one of
the older FreeBSD version with full package collection you can install =
one by
running `pkg_add -r arm-rtems-gcc`.  Then build uboot with =
CROSS_COMPILE=3Darm-rtems-
variable set.=20

--
ST4096-RIPE