Date:      Tue, 27 Sep 2011 13:16:47 +0000
From:      Jean-Paul Natola <jnatola@familycareintl.org>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD.org" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ot :stuck in GRUB

Hi all,

A Friend of mine has some version of either *nux or bsd installed (he does =
not even know for sure), turns out he clicked "yes" for some updates to ins=
tall and upon restarting  he now winds up at GRUB> , I told him to type "bo=
ot" and it reports  "kernel must loaded prior to booting"

I really have no  time to get out there, so he shipped me his hard  drive w=
hich I should be receiving today or tomorrow. It *seems* to me  the update =
may have corrupted some type of conf file, am I on the right track here? Do=
es anyone have any suggestion, since its an old friend I can't charge him, =
but nor do I want to spend a significant amount of time on it.

TIA