Date:      17 Mar 2001 22:09:07 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
To:        Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CD Writer issues, continued

Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net> writes:

> Also what is the speed of your media?
> Some media claims to be good up to 4X, etc..
> In reality I just try it.. I have some CDs which claim to be good to 4X
> and they work nicely at 10X. I have had the same luck with several brands
> on both CD and CDRW.
> Also it wouldn't hurt to specify the device with the -f parameter.
> For example I use:
> burncd -f /dev/acd0c -s 10 data /vol1/cd.iso fixate

After further testing, it turns out that it works fine on a machine
after a clean load, but as soon as I recompile my kernel, it no longer
works. I have the following lines in my kernel :

device          ata0    at isa? port IO_WD1 irq 14
device          ata1    at isa? port IO_WD2 irq 15
device          ata
device          atadisk                 # ATA disk drives
device          atapicd                 # ATAPI CDROM drives
device          atapifd                 # ATAPI floppy drives
device          atapist                 # ATAPI tape drives
options         ATA_STATIC_ID           #Static device numbering

So I really don't know why it doesn't work after recompile.

Has anyone got a kernel that allows them to burncd's to a yamaha cdrw
device? If so, I'd really appreciate a copy of your config.

Thanks,

--
- Wayne Pascoe
E-mail: wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk