Date:      Sun, 15 Dec 96 10:19:04 -0800
From:      "Eric Kylstra" <erick@accessone.com>
To:        "questions" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   X-Windows - trying to get working

Excuse a few dumb questions here.  I have installed 2.1.5 and all the
basics are working (bash and users are set up).  As part of the install
I took the setup options after the main install to set up XF86Config.

I may have made a mistake when I accepted the default to place
XF86Config in /etc.  I also copied it to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 after
things were done.

At this point none of the programs in /usr/X11R6/bin work even though
they have the executable permission is set.

Do I need to compile things from xc/programs/Xserver with make
Makefile, make Makefiles, and make depend?

The Walnut Creek handbook, man pages, and X11R6 docs are not clear on
if I need to compile things now.

If I do need to compile are the above make commands the ones I need to
run?

Thanks for any help with obvious newbie questions!

Eric Kylstra
erick@accessone.com