Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:32:26 +0200
From:      Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.ORG>, Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.ORG>, gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xscreensaver and GNOME

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 04:24:04PM -0500, Joe Clarke wrote:
> In this case, shouldn't we exclude WANT_GNOME from xscreensaver's
> Makefile, and just have this in the slave port?

No, because that's the entire point of the WANT_* magic.  If a user has
the bits the port wants, then they get supported, if they don't then
they just get a vanilla port, without all the bloat.

Joe, you've been doing a lot of good patches to Gnome ports.  You should
read bsd.port.mk and bsd.gnome.mk and try to understand them.  You'll
find that it makes fixing ports a lot simpler.  If you stumble on
anything, email me.  I've got a pretty good understanding of them both,
and I'll try (as best I can) to explain what the code is doing and why.

In fact, that above offer applies to anyone reading this...

Regards,
  -Jeremy

--
FreeBSD - Because the best things in life are free...
                                           http://www.freebsd.org/