Date:      Wed, 4 May 2005 00:26:32 +0200
From:      Marc Olzheim <marcolz@stack.nl>
To:        Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: About specific pxeboot support

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 09:26:34PM +0200, Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
> Now, remembering  a thread in -stable, and make a whish for the=20
> forthcomming FreeBSD-6.
>=20
> I think that the actual release build may be easy tweak to produce a=20
> populated /tftpboot directory ready for pxe tftp installs. (a tftp=20
> enabled pxeboot, a mfs rootfs based con boot_crunch ...).
>=20
> If this can be put in a tarball like tftpinstall.tar.gz in the ftp area,=
=20
> test of snapshots, betas, RCs, and so on will be done via bootp/tftp=20
> boots.

Erhm... All you need is to mount the iso on your tftproot dir and boot
=66rom it with console=3Dcomconsole...

sysinstall is very capable of running on comconsole.

Or do you mean you would like a minimal install (diskspace) to enable
ftp/nfs installs only ?

Marc

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH--