Date:      Fri, 17 Feb 1995 04:52:11 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Andras Olah <olah@cs.utwente.nl>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: tcpdump 3.0?

> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  7 Feb  7 13:15 /home/olah -> /a/olah

Ack!  Fixed, sorry!

> 2.) I'm new to CVS and it may take some time until I feel
> confident enough to commit this.

That's fine.  Suggestion:  Just send the command(s) you intend to use to
core@freebsd.org and someone there will surely set you straight on anything
that's wrong!

> 3.) tcpdump 3.0 needs libpcap which is said to be in alpha (v0.0 is
> the current version).  The question is if I should stick libpcap
> into /usr/src/lib or just put it next to the tcpdump sources such
> that the lib is only used to compile tcpdump but doesn't get
> installed.

If libpcap is of general utility, and not just good for tcpdump, then
it should live in /usr/src/lib/libpcap.  If otherwise, then it should be
next to the tcpdump sources (tcpdump becomes a two-level directory structure)
as you say.

						Jordan