Date:      Mon, 7 Jun 1999 15:37:03 +0100
From:      Elise Guedin <elise.guedin@bt-sys.bt.co.uk>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   bpf - "initializer is not constant"

Hi,

I am trying to use bpf to filter some IP packets . It works well (as I
didn't forget to put pseudo-device bpfilter ...)
When I am specifying an IP address (i.e 0xac191b25..) to forward, no
problem.

BPF_JUMP(BPF_JMP+BPF_JEQ+BPF_K,0xac191b25,0,1)

The problem is when I am putting "ipaddress" (which is a u_long) instead
of 0xac191b25. I get "initializer for insns[5].k is not constant" .

I really need to configure my filter depending on some other events, so
I don't know before which IPaddress to forward. That's why I need to put
a variable instead of a constant in the bpf filter.

Anyone has a clue to cope with this ?

Thanks in advance

Elise GUEDIN