Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 2009 11:27:54 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Marco Beishuizen" <mbeis@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: epiphany and pdf files (file associations)

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 11:20:13 -0500, Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl>
wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Jun 2009, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 10:56:47 -0500, Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>  How can I manage that epiphany opens pdf files in the application I
>>> want (in my case evince)? This is the same for other file types like
>>> .doc files opening in Abiword or OO Writer. Epiphany now tries to open
>>> pdf files in a new tab or window but it doesn't do anything and
>>> results in an blank page.
>>
>> Try to install www/epiphany-extensions, maybe it has extension to allow
>> open inside epiphany. If it does not work then install www/mozplugger.
>> I remember when I was work on WEBPLUGINS and surpised to see mozplugger
>> will making evince and abiword to open inside the browser. There has
>> one more plugin that does similar, but I forgot what's name of plugin
>> in ports tree.
>
> I already have epiphany-extensions installed, but there doesn't seem to
> be an extension that adresses this problem. I don't need to open these
> files inside epiphany btw. I would like to open a pdf or doc with the
> program of my choice when clicking on a link. I will also look at
> mozplugger. Thanks.

Have you tried to download the PDF file then open your choice of PDF
application to see if it works? If not then it won't work in another way
at all, but if it works then it's strange. Try to run Epiphany from
terminal app for you can see error. Also, check in ~/.xsession-error for
any error. I am able to click on link of PDF file then it opens Evince and
display fine.

Cheers,
Mezz

--