Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 2002 00:25:52 -0400
From:      Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        haupt@outof.ch, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dialup question

--==_Exmh_1681073448P

> In message: <200207211916.16856.haupt@outof.ch>
>             Emanuel Haupt <haupt@outof.ch> writes:
> : i am using the following network/modem (all in 1) card on my dell =

> : latitude cpx laptop (running fbsd 5.0-DP1 newcard kernel):
> : =

> : 3com 3c3fem656 c
> : =

> : the xl0 network interface works without any problems. but now i want =
to =

> : use the included modem.
> =

> You can't, as far as I know.  It is a controller-less modem (also know
> as a winmodem) not based on the lucent chipset (afaik).  So there's no
> driver that will work with it.

Yup, no way to get the 3Com 3CN3AC1556 mini-PCI card (combo xl0 and stink=
in' =

winmodem) in my Omnibook 6000 working either.

So I just bought an IBM combo miniPCI on EBay for $29, fitted it (less th=
an =

two minutes), built a new kernel with fxp support and the ltmdm port, and=
 both =

internal ports on my laptop work just fine.

YEESSSSSS!!!! :)

I'm stoked! I love this OS.

Cheers,

AS =