Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2001 10:17:34 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Chris Casey <chriss@phys.ksu.edu>
Cc:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ccc

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 09:55:12AM -0500, Chris Casey wrote:
> /compat/linux/usr/lib/libfor.so: undefined reference to `getenv@GLIBC_2.0'

I suspected this means Compaq has now moved to supporting RH 7.0, rather
than RH 6.2.  Our AlphaLinux compat code is only approved for RH 6.2
compatibility.

Andrew told me that Compaq made this official at
http://www.compaq.com/fortran/linux/

    "The current version is 1.1.0, which supports most current Linux
    Alpha distributions, including RedHat 7.0 and SuSE 7.0. The older
    version, 1.0.2, is available for users still running RedHat 5.2 or
    similar distributions."

I went to look at it and saw at
http://www.compaq.com/fortran/linux/download-102.html
you can still get their [older] fortran90 for RH 6.2.  I would highly,
highly suggest working first with the 1.0.2 compiler to get it to produce
native FreeBSD binaries.  You will not have these symbol problems you are
seeing because the linux_base port only installs the RH 6.2 libs.  (yes
RH seriously screwed the pooch by not bumping their shlib versions when
they added symboling w/RH 7.0)

Once we get 1.0.2 working, we can attach the 1.1.0 compiler.