Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:27:57 +0100
From:      Hank Hampel <lists@niamodnikufesin.de>
To:        "G.E. Rafe" <rafege@mail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: coldsync-2.2.5 w/Palm m130 via USB ?

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

Hi Gary!

On (021027), G.E. Rafe wrote:
> !Also, did someone fix the coldsync port to actually enable the USB
> !stuff?=20

I don't know but the coldsync port seems to be rather unmaintained
that was one reason for me to switch to pilot-link.

> but no other activity is seen (ugen was removed from the kernel) --

Sorry forgot this one again in my last message. Removing ugen from the
kernel is important because otherwise it will grep the device the
first time you try to sync.

> while both ucom & uvisor kernel modules were loaded previously.

You don't get any hint of the device attach in syslog?

> Now then, my 4.7-R upgrade has been less than smooth with broken
[...]
> Must be a bunch of magic I'm missing this time around !

One last thing. If I remember correct the 4.7-R version of
pilot-link was one without USB support. May be you should cvsup your
ports tree (if you haven't already done this) and try it again - given
that you at least see a trace of the device in syslog.

Good luck, Hank

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6--