Date:      Mon, 25 Dec 1995 06:29:55 -0700
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        pete@sms.fi
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unpleasant scrolling behaviour on 2.1.0 (fwd)

    Petri> What was your MTU for lo0? Try making it 1500.

Okay, the magic 1500 works ... I suppose if I thought about it, that'd
be the correct size for a full IP header plus checksum or other such
explanation, but being Christmas day and all, I'll just assume a
little magic. :-)

Now, should that other fellow who posted the problem make the mtu 1500
for his Ethernet interface as well?

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory, Boulder Colorado USA

TASK: Shoot yourself in the foot.  In COBOL: Using a COLT 45 HANDGUN,
AIM gun at LEG.FOOT, THEN place ARM.HAND.FINGER on HANDGUN.TRIGGER and
SQUEEZE. THEN return HANDGUN to HOLSTER. CHECK whether shoelace needs
to be re-tied.