Date:      Tue, 5 Nov 1996 10:00:34 +0600
From:      Tim Pierce <twpierce@midway.uchicago.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   wrong unit number when wiring down st0

Here's an interesting one.  I tried wiring down my SCSI tape in my
2.1.5 kernel config as follows:

controller	aha0	at isa? port "IO_AHA0" bio irq ? drq 5 vector ahaintr
controller	scbus0	at aha0
device		st0	at scbus0 target 2

The DAT deck is properly set up as target 2 (or so says the little
number window on the back of the box), and I'm pretty sure that
this syntax worked in 2.0.5.  However, when I booted my machine,
the kernel assigned the tape drive to st1, not st0.  Removing `at
stbus0 target 2' and recompiling the kernel corrected the
problem.

Is this a bug in the SCSI sense code, or my own confusion about
how wiring down SCSI devices works?