Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 1995 19:36:12 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.1.0-RELEASE now available!

It seems that Jordan K. Hubbard said:
> I don't see this as a translation gateway, however.  There are a lot
> of people who's command of english prohibits them from participating
> in the general discussion, and it would be certainly nice if there was
> *someplace* for them to go where they could post a question in Italian

In France, we have as I said the fr.comp.os.bsd newsgroup.

> list.  We need to make FreeBSD *more* friendly, and to me that means
> the ability to support users more effectively through regional user
> groups (that actually meet face to face) and mailing lists where
> problems can be discussed in any language from croat to french.

If  you want french-speaking equivalent  of  freebsd-* lists, I don't think
there is enough interest/people for  that (I may be wrong  of course but if
fr.comp.os.bsd is an indication I'm right). In fact I want to be wrong <g>

If you  want a mailing-list  exploder in France  for french people  or even
most of  european  users, I  may   be  able to   set   this up.  I  have  a
well-connected machine with CPU power and disk to put a majordomo on. It is
an HP with a 2 MBps line on  RENATER (French Academic Network). RENATER has
a 4 Mbps (probably a little more in a few  weeks/months) with the US albeit
pretty overloaded.

More on this later. Interested ? <g>

We have  already  at least two  FTP mirrors  in France for  ftp.freebsd.org
(ftp.ibp.fr and ftp.univ-lyon1.fr, I'll have to check the second).
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #7: Mon Nov  6 21:08:06 MET 1995