Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2001 09:38:17 +1100
From:      Stephen Ware <steve@inserted.net>
To:        Burke Martin <kilgore@speakeasy.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: runing out of swap

At 10:14 AM 3/17/2001 -0800, Burke Martin wrote:
 >Hi All,
 >
 >I dont have any clue why im receiving this swap problem. This is the
2nd >time ive tried compiling MySQL the first i only had 64mb swap, since
i >have added and I still get the error. This weekend I compiled
and >installed MySQL with no problems on a linux box that is exactly the
same >except with less swap. I really dont understand why ive had so
many >problems with fbsd and swap. I watched it with top and it just
climbed and >climbed....

After upgradding from slackware to FreeBSD, I had this same problem
compiling MySQL. It was failing on sql_yacc.c, with the same memory
problems as you're describing. Rerunning the configure script with
--with-low-memory should fix the problem if this is where it's failing.

Good luck,
Stephen
steve@inserted.net