Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:11:44 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wish List (was: Re: The /usr/bin/games bikeshed again)

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 08:43:59AM -0800, Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group wrote:
> In message <20010216113734.K22030@london.physics.purdue.edu>, Will Andrews writes:
> > I hear Win2K can handle Kerberos V pretty well.
>
> The KDC needs to be a Win2K machine.  That doesn't sit with me too
> well.

I've authenticated a Windows 2000 machine against both an MIT KDC and
a Heimdal KDC.  I've also gotten them to talk to each other using a
toy GSSAPI application.

I did this just as proof-of-concept: no doubt there are caveats to a
big rollout.  However, there is lots of activity in this area on the
various Kerberos lists. Microsoft even has documentation on their
website regarding interoperability with MIT Kerberos V.

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org