Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:49:16 -0700
From:      dizzyd@dizzyd.com (Dave Smith)
To:        Marc W <mwlist@lanfear.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where can I find out rules on blocking in threads?

Well, my understand (limited) of *BSD's threading systems is that
they are not truly pre-emptive -- they use a scheme similar to PTH
for forcing a single process to jump around its process space. Given
this, it doesn't suprise me that a few system calls don't yield;
possibly because they aren't wrapped properly; or maybe can't be wrapped.

Of course, this is based on my _very_ limited knowledge... :)

D.