Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 1997 06:27:59 +0100 (CET)
From:      Jakob Alvermark <jakob@teligent.se>
To:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CAPI driver?

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Gary Jennejohn wrote:

> >I'm currently running a ZyXEL omni.net TA. I works great, I must say, with
> >MLPPP and BOD and all that stuff. I also use it's a/b ports to make and
> >recieve voice calls. That part work very well too. Now I'm interested in
> >if there is CAPI drivers available for FreeBSD, or if there is some
> >develompent going on. I would be great to have like a "control panel",
> >where I can see which B-channel that are in use, who is calling on my
> >voice number while I'm on the internet and so on..
> >

> no CAPI in FreeBSD. Want to write it ?

I don't have any experience in writing drivers. But it could be a fun
projekt to learn. It would not be a very fast moving projekt though, due
to my lack of time. Maybe I'm not all alone on wanting CAPI? Maybe there
is more people interested in writing CAPI driver? I think this is a two or
more persons projekt. Is there CAPI drivers for unix's? (Linux?)

/Jakob Alvermark

 Teligent AB, P.O. Box 213, S-149 23 Nynäshamn, Sweden
Telephone +46-(0)8 520 660 00 * Fax +46-(0)8 520 193 36
 Direct +46-(0)8 520 660 32 * GSM +46-(0)70 792 16 57