Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2012 08:12:46 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        Sean Bruno <seanbru@yahoo-inc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [CFT] Sparse Cstate Support -- Its possible, that I don't know what I'm doing.

On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 8:23:23 pm Sean Bruno wrote:
> Ok, version 2 now in effect.  I removed the return of BUS_PROBE_DEFAULT
> and this seems to do the right thing in the cases I have.
>
> If there are no objections to this, I'll chuck it over into -head soonish.
>

> http://people.freebsd.org/~sbruno/acpi_cpu_cstate_sparse.txt

Is this for a BIOS that is reporting non-contiguous Cx states or is this a
patch to let your custom Intel Cx driver work?  If the latter, I would rather
have the driver export a contiguous range of virtual Cx states (what ACPI
actually does under the covers) rather than change our code to allow sparse
ACPI Cx states.

--
John Baldwin