Date:      Mon, 7 Jul 1997 09:19:32 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Kenneth Merry <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        volker@neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de (Volker Freiburg)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dual PPro & Bt848

Howdy,

> Currently, I'm planning to use Bt848 based frame grabber cards
> in a Dual PPro board. The problem now is to find the right
> board.  Are there any experiences with this combination? Which
> boards work well with the Bt848 and which do not? Please tell me
> your success stories.
>
> Thank you for your help,
>         -Volker Freiburg-

	I've been using the Hauppauge WinCast/TV dbx board in my dual PPro
machine.  Here's the relevant hardware:

ASUS P/I-P65UP5 w/ C-P6ND  2 P6-200's, 256K
Matrox Millennium w/ 8MB WRAM
Hauppauge WinCast/TV dbx

	One thing to mention -- I'm running Accelerated X, not XFree86.
With Accelx, I can only run in "XImage" mode with fxtv.  XFree86 3.2 was a
little buggy...  (as far as Matrox support goes)  My guess is that 3.3
would work a lot better, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com