Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:20:04 +0100
From:      Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
To:        Peter Spekreijse <peter@echelon.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: feauture request

Thus spake Peter Spekreijse (peter@echelon.nl):

> I'm running ntp at home and like to sync my clock with the one at work.
> I don't want my system to dial for this kind of traffic. ntp can sync
> when the line is open for "interesting" traffic.

Use a connectiop-up script that removes an ipfw filter for the
ntp-port on dialup and a connection-down script that adds the
packet-filter for it, when the connection will be terminated.
Or do only sync it once, on dialup.

Ok. The above is not possible, if the ntp updates in shorter periods
than the idle-time for the i4b-thing is set.

Alex

--
I doubt, therefore I might be.