Date:      Thu, 31 Dec 2020 12:15:22 +0000
From:      Dan Kotowski <dan.kotowski@a9development.com>
To:        Andrea Brancatelli <abrancatelli@schema31.it>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VirtIO-Net not correctly handled

> I could not find any way to get it to boot. :-(
>
> Machine on, white block upper left, nothing else happens.
>
> Inviato da iPhone
>
> > Il giorno 29 dic 2020, alle ore 19:14, Dan Kotowski dan.kotowski@a9deve=
lopment.com ha scritto:

> > > Hello everybody,
> > >
> > > after tuning CPU (1 cpu only) and Ram I was able to do a full install=
 of

> > > FreeBSD 12.2 in a Parallel Desktop VM running on an Apple M1.
> > >
> > > Everything seems quite in order but I can't get the network card to
> > >
> > > work.
> > >
> > > Parallel Desktop is presenting a virtio-net card and pciconf is
> > >
> > > correctly listing it but the driver doesn't hook to it.
> > >
> > > Here you can see a screenshot of the situation:
> > >
> > > https://www.dropbox.com/s/hv6g8btjm45m0mh/Schermata 2020-12-29 alle 1=
6.42.10.png?dl=3D0

> > > [sorry if I keep posting screenshots but there's no console integrati=
on

> > > so I can't copy and paste...]
> > >
> > > Any suggestion on how to get it working or investigate deeper?
> >
> > What about with 13-CURRENT? There's a lot of aarch64 work going on in 1=
3 that is unlikely to be backported to 12, so it'll be best to focus effort=
 there.

> > --Dan Kotowski

Can you do a verbose boot of 12.2 and post `/var/run/dmesg.boot` to https:/=
/dmesgd.nycbug.org/index.cgi ?

Also if you can figure out how to copy the output of `devinfo -v` and `pcic=
onf -lv` somewhere shareable like a github gist or pastebin, it might help =
as well.

--Dan Kotowski

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?vubKCFuqJF54tGYL6Pnck9YtFXw367-TG4CBDDBYcb_zt91J4ZZoaJIpzw2qbxeztR9PUz1GSkeW2zvhT2mMyvls-czdHsFpE54Ef37QrJ0=>