Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 1999 12:56:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
Cc:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help with port needing xview libraries

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Roger Hardiman wrote:

# Steve
#
# Ok, the xview port creates libxview.so.3.2 and libolgx.so.3.2

Hmm... on my -current box it creates *.so.3 instead.  Are you
using XFree86-3.3.3.1?  Can you build the port and tell me
what the last line of the following shows?

cd /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/xview
make
find . -name "libxview.*"

You might try taking a look at the Makefile in ${WRKSRC}/lib/libxview
and see if you see anything obvious.  Failing that if you could send
me a build log and the output of 'cvs status' of your xview port
then I'll take a closer look.

# ldconfig -r does NOT see these.
#
# However, if I rename them to libxview.so.3 and libolgx.so.3
# then it all works just great. ldconfig -r sees the files and
# my port Makefile LIB_DEPENDS works fine.
#
# So, somehow the libraries are broken.
# How do we fix this?
#
# Bye
# Roger
# --
# Roger Hardiman        | Telepresence Research Group
# roger@cs.strath.ac.uk | DMEM, University of Strathclyde
# tel: 0141 548 2897    | Glasgow, Scotland, G1 1XJ, UK
# fax: 0141 552 0557    | http://telepresence.dmem.strath.ac.uk
#