Date:      Sat, 11 Sep 2004 03:12:41 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "michael johnson" <ahze@ahze.net>
Cc:        Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: multimedia/gstreamer-plugins request

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:37:06 -0400, michael johnson <ahze@ahze.net> wrote:

> On Sep 10, 2004, at 3:05 PM, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>
>> NOTE: My reply is off point from this topic.
>>
>> On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 18:32:35 -0400, michael johnson <ahze@ahze.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Another example is totem, totem only *needs* gstreamer-plugins (unless
>>> compiled with xine)
>>> to work but able to play say a xvid file you'd need to recompile
>>> gstreamer-plugins with WITH_XVID
>>> defined.
>> <snip everything below>
>>
>> Does the XviD works to anyone? It doesn't work to me since I got the
>> new hardwares. It just display black screen in totem (built with
>> gstreamer knob), gst-player and mplayer as it can't find the XviD
>> format. Also, the thumbnail of XviD in Nautilus doesn't work anymore.
>> My stuff in the SCSI HD has the old stuff that I didn't keep up to
>> date, but it was the last time that XviD works. Xorg, new nVidia or
>> other is causing this?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mezz
>
> It works for me with mplayer but no totem when totem is built with
> gstreamer.

Umm, now I got XviD works with the mplayer so far. I removed everything
and rebuilt fluxbox to mplayer (w/out gnome2 for now) with no CPUTYPE in
make.conf, so the main problem was CPUTYPE=athlon-xp (/me hides from
marcus ;-). I noticed that mplayer will pick up my cpu and use 'athlon-4'
by default, so I am not sure what's the difference between athlon-xp and
athlon-4. Gotta to visit over at GCC website tomorrow (bed time for me
soon) to read about athlon-4 VS athlon-xp.

In the old computer that has AthlonXP +2000, I used athlon-xp and it works
perfect but not with this new AthlonXP +3200 Barton. Insteresting...
Maybe, with athlon-4 will working better with this new CPU. I shall test
it!

Cheers,
Mezz

> Michael