Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 1998 09:45:07 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        host list mail <hostmail@macs.oandm.uiuc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Slackware vs FreeBSD, aswell as my opinion on this list.

On Fri, Mar 20, 1998 at 04:25:08PM -0600, host list mail wrote:

> > >But that is not what it is. Sorry to disappoint. End of story.
> > >

> Is this list for the people on it, or the people who created it?

This list cannot ever be all things to all people. No list can.
All of the FreeBSD mailing lists have different functions. Like the others,
this list is for the people who happen to want what it offers and are
prepared to participate within those parameters.

Perhaps the most important of all the lists is FreeBSD-questions, especially
for newbies. There is no need to have another list in direct competition.
Go there for your cake and come back here if you want to get the icing too.

Now can we please drop this and get on with the more important business of
enjoying the things that we do while we're not being supported.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-

find / -name "*.conf" |more