Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:13:24 +0100
From:      David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bluetooth mouse does not connect after reboot

On 01/19/11 18:29, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> David,
>
>> I've successfully setup a Logitech v470 mouse using bthidd / hcsecd. The
>> problem is each time /var/db/bthidd.hids is created the mouse does not
>> connect anymore and if I remove this file and restart bthidd it works, thing
>> which is quite boring.
>
> few things:
>
> -- could you please let us know which freebsd version you are running on?
>
> -- i assume you have (at least)
>
> hcsecd_enable="YES"
> bthidd_enable="YES"
>
> in you /etc/rc.conf, right? just checking :)
>
> -- i also assume that you have successfully paired your mouse, and,
> link key was properly generated. please check /var/db/hcsecd.keys
>
>> In hcsecd.conf I have :
>>
>> device {
>>         bdaddr  00:1f:20:0f:62:31;
>>         name    "Logitech V470";
>>         key     nokey;
>>         pin     "0000";
>> }
>
> this looks fine to me. i would just check and make sure that link key
> was generated and being used.

Hello, I didn't know this one ! It seems that /var/db/hcsecd.keys is empty !

markand@Melon ~ $ sudo cat /var/db/hcsecd.keys
markand@Melon ~ $

>> and in bthidd.conf :
>>
>> device {
>>         bdaddr                  00:1f:20:0f:62:31;
>>         control_psm             0x11;
>>         interrupt_psm           0x13;
>>         reconnect_initiate      true;
>>         battery_power           true;
>>         normally_connectable    false;
>
> [...]
>
> this looks fine to me. one thing is that your mouse claims
> "reconnect_initiate true;". it means that as soon as device is "known"
> to bthidd(8), connection should be originated from the device's (i.e.
> mouse) side. so, when you reboot/restart bthidd(8), and, device is
> mentioned in the /var/db/bthidd.hids (meaning its not the first time
> we heard about this device), bthidd(8) will wait for the device to
> initiate the connection. usually moving the mouse or pressing a button
> will wake mouse and make it initiate the connection.
>
> i guess there are two possible cases here
>
> 1) after reboot (or bthidd(8) restart) your mouse is not attempting to
> initiate connection as it claims to;
>
> or
>
> 2) after reboot (or bthidd(8) restart) your mouse is trying to
> initiate connection, but, its failing for some reason;
>
>> If you have any clue how to fix this. Thanks.
>
> could you please install hcidump from ports (comms/hcidump) and try to
> see what it going on. basically
>
> 1) reboot (or restart bthidd(8))
>
> 2) run hcidump
>
> 3) try to wiggle your mouse and/or pressing a button to see if mouse
> is trying to open a connection;

There is some input when I move the mouse yes. Let's try after the
reboot if it will works too. In fact I was trying to connect my mouse
(pressing the connect button) maybe I should only move it instead of
pressing this button.

> if mouse IS trying to open then please create binary hcidump (with -w
> option) and send it to me.
>
> if mouse is NOT trying to open a connection, then you can try to edit
> you bthidd.conf and change "reconnect_initiate" to "false"'. that
> should make bthidd(8) to open connection.
>
> thanks,
> max

Thanks for your answer

--