Date:      Mon, 04 Nov 1996 00:46:03 -0500
From:      Gary Corcoran <garycorc@mail.idt.net>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: OK, what's the deal with 2940W controllers and internal  connectors?

Steve Passe wrote:
> use any 2 of the 3, both internal is fine as long as you don't use the
> external.  As to termination, the card is at the end if using
> 1 cable (and thus should be terminated) and is in the middle if using
> 2 cables (any commbination) and should NOT be terminated.

That explains it.  Using one connector, the card terminates one end
of the SCSI cable.  Using any two of the connectors, the card is
in the "middle" of the SCSI bus.  But if you were to try to use
all three connectors, then you *would* have a "Y" cable situation,
which I'm sure would lead to all sorts of nasty reflections on
the bus (in certain/most cases at least).

Gary