Date:      Mon, 16 Nov 1998 09:07:08 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        lvaughn@beaugraphics.com (Lisa)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: popper?

In a previous message, Lisa said:
> Been receiving following lines constantly since Fri night:
>
> (date)(time) athena popper [#(ie, 13185)]: Client at "209.209.172.196"
> resolves to an unknown host name "wmb196.kih.net"

Looks like there is a reverse map (PTR) in dns for the address, but that
there is no A record for wmb196. Popper wants that.

> Any ideas? I have killed and restarted the PID. The server also,
> unintentionally, was turned completly off and rebooted entirely - and yet
> this message continued to appear on the screen. All email addresses and
> working - sending and receiving; and I can continue with any system
> maintanence that I need to (adduser, rmuser, etc...).
> If anyone has a solution, and/or an explanation it would be greatly
> appreciated. :)
>
> Lisa

"I was simply furnishing a home.  I love music ... and I don't think
 a $130,000 indoor-outdoor stereo system is extravagant."

--Leona Helmsley, refuting charges that her lifestyle was excessive, 1990.