Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2012 18:42:34 +0300
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   jailed ntpd cannot start because of dhcpd

I want to set-up a jail which serves ntpd-inetd-dhcpd, and I have placed
the relevant entries in jail/etc/rc.conf.

When the jail starts, ntpd fails to start because of dhcp. If I start the
jail, jexec into jail and from inside jail:
service isc-dhcpd onestop
service ntpd onestart
service isc-dhcpd onestart
Then everything works fine. I have tried rcorder and modified inetd's rc to
have ntpd as required but this had no effect on the problem.

If ntpd can be started manually I do not understand why rc.conf cannot
start it in the correct order.

Thanks and regards.