Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 2009 20:14:06 +0300
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ari_Sovij=E4rvi?= <listat@apz.fi>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Geli and EVP_camellia_256_cbc

Ivan Voras wrote:
 > Possibly your world is not in sync.
 > /usr/lib> strings libssl.so | grep EVP
 > EVP_des_cbc
 > EVP_add_cipher
 > EVP_des_ede3_cbc
 > EVP_rc4
 > EVP_rc2_cbc
 > EVP_aes_128_cbc
 > EVP_aes_192_cbc
 > EVP_aes_256_cbc
 > EVP_camellia_128_cbc
 > EVP_camellia_256_cbc

That command does not list camellia, as it's disabled in sparc64 builds.
Looking at openssl's source (especially
crypto/openssl/crypto/evp/e_camellia.c), there's a condition not to build
camellia if OPENSSL_NO_CAMELLIA is defined. In opensslconf-sparc64.h again that
gets set, but that condition isn't in geom, so apparently in sparc64 geli is
broken to my understanding. Could someone with more in-depth knowledge about
geli verify this finding, or alternatively try this on a sparc64 system?

I have couple of the systems online, one with 7.1 and the other with 7.2, both
seem to behave the same way. I've also have one i386 7.2 system (from the same
source), and it seems to work.

--
Ari Sovijärvi