Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2001 18:14:57 -0500
From:      Rick Knebel <rknebel@uplink.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   firewall

Hi,

I am using a dialup connection now with kernel ppp and natd running
for allowing my other computers at home to access the internet. i
love freebsd for doing this because I never have to reboot it. Soon I
will be getting a wireless intenet connection with a static IP
address and will be more concerned about having a firewall in place.

I have looked around at places like mostgraveconcern and the complete
FreeBsd book for examples of firewalls.

I am a fairly intelligent person but these all look like Greek to me.
I want to set up a simple firewall so i can continue to have a small
web page on my server and also allow my three other computers to file
share and get out on the internet.

If anyone knows any easy to understand instructions or examples i
would be very gratefull.

Thanks
Alot

Rick