Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2006 00:12:02 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
To:        Martin Nilsson <martin@gneto.com>
Cc:        John Marshall <John.Marshall@riverwillow.com.au>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Watchdog Timeout - bge devices

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 08:59:09AM +0200, Martin Nilsson wrote:
> Can we have a commit (at least to STABLE) that adds a big fat message
> during boot that goes something like:
>
> ###        >>>> You are using SCHED_ULE scheduler <<<<         ###
> ###  SCHED_ULE is still considered to be highly experimental   ###
> ###  Please revert to SCHED_4BSD before reporting problems.    ###
> ###  (Unless of course you are reporting a ULE scheduler bug)  ###

An alternate idea: remove SCHED_ULE from the GENERIC kernel config
and instead make a ULE config which can be included (similar to
SMP and PAE).

One could put all comments of that nature into the template, to
inform people that if they wish to use ULE, it's cool -- but expect
things to break (and to report such breakage!)

Just spouting off some ideas...  ;-)

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |