Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:13:11 +1000
From:      "Anthony Carmody" <anthony@carmoda.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD 4.8 v/s 5.1

ok,

i am using 5.1 for 2 developemnt servers, 1 programming workstation. i.e: not
production, internal network behind firewall.
so, security and stability are not critical as far as i am concerened.

there is another important reason, my hardware tends to require later versions
of FreeBSD, for example: i am currently supplied with late model Intel P4
systems, they need 5.1 to run hyper-threading CPUs.

i hope that is some help.