Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:19:38 -0600
From:      Matt Meola <mmeola@uswest.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        ctm-announce@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CTM mirrors

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 10:07:37AM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <20010720093236.G52514@kc0dxw-2.uswc.uswest.com> Matt Meola writes:
> : Some of us run FreeBSD surruptitiously behind a corporate firewall.  If CTM
> : ever truly goes away, then it's Linux for me, since rpm/urpmi can handle
> : ftp and http proxies...
>
> And cvsup can't?  I've run it through many different firewalls in the
> past, over socks5 proxies and a couple of other strange
> configurations.  I'd be interested to hear how your environment is
> different than mine that you can't run it.

OK, perhaps I'm showing a bit of ignorance here...

I've investigated getting cvsup to work here.  We don't have any more
SOCKS5 proxies, and none of our internal routers (nor the firewall) will
forward the ports cvsup uses.  Asking for a list of ports which _are_
forwarded brands you as some kind of industrial spy, and using cvsup to
probe for some will get you carted off to the Corporate Re-education Camp
For Disadvantaged Employees Or Contractors (tm).

I've tried cvsup with passive modes on, but at no time does it ever connect
to the outside world.

Am I missing something?

--
Matt Meola                                                       AFØD
af0d@qsl.net           ARES CO D. 6 AEC       http://www.qsl.net/af0d