Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2007 23:58:13 +0100
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Roman Kurakin <rik@inse.ru>
Cc:        rik@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: ports/102499: lftp asc file checksum mismatch

> My point of view that we should not blame the squid, this wouldn't

We have to blame squid. We can't blame lftp port.

Also, what's the use of these .asc files anyway? We could just lose
their fetching from the port. They do nothing.

> My idea was to tech a fetch to request a binary mode for all files
> despite of their mime type.

fetch does binary mode for all files. It's the squid which talks ascii
with the original ftp site.

> > IMO this is a bug in the squid configuration.

Agreed.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>

> Why do we need a film of "Lord of the Rings" when we have the book?
Because watching a cg enhanced Legolas fire a flaming arrow
into the heart of a warg is cool?
    - asdf@asdf.com in rec.games.roguelike.angband