Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 19:44:27 +0300 (MSK)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org (Frank Durda IV)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Either an xcdplayer or matcd problem...

> 1.	Use /dev/rmatcd0a, not /dev/matcd0c.  Partition "c" is used only for
> 	reading raw 2352-byte blocks.  Unless you want the digital data
> 	from an audio CD, this device isn't particularly useful.

/dev/rmatcd0c must be used, if not, it is bug in matcd driver.
CD audio don't read anything from CD, but partition 'c' from raw
devices traditionally used in all existen players.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -