Date:      Mon, 9 Sep 2002 04:46:53 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Marcin Jessa" <yazzy@yazzy.org>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RAIDframe

Hi.

I am trying to set up my new firewall with 2 IDE disks and software RAID 1.
I was wondering if any of you ever succeeded to install and configure
RAIDframe on FreeBSD.I have patched my source tree with wac's patch:
http://www.carrel.org/RAIDframe and successfully recompiled both my base
and my kernel.I have 2 40Gig IDE drives that I would like to RAID. I have one slice on
each of them and a few partitions.Then I would like to copy my system which resides on a different HD and
boot off the raided disks.Wac told me when he was avaliable that it's possible to create both ufs
and raid partitions on the same slice and that one needs a separate
partition for the kernel and modules with ufs file sysem on it to be able
to boot from the raided disks. The rest can be raided.I have no idea how to make it work though.
I'd be very grateful if any of you have an appopriate url or a piece of
advice.
Greets.
YazzY