Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 95 21:11:49 EDT
From:      jleppek@suw2k.ess.harris.com (James Leppek)
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: tcpblast

Pete,

You may have something there.
if I leave the mtu at 16384 I get a thruput of 2.1 Mbytes/s
but it drops to .1 after a few test. If I change the mtu
to 1500 a get a thruput of 1.3Mbytes/s but no stalls.

Would it be better to change the default mtu for lo0 to a smaller
value as a default??  If I use an mtu of 6000 the thruput is at 2Mbytes/s
with no stalls.

Hmmm is this thread starting to belong in hackers :-)

Jim