Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 1997 01:23:52 +0000
From:      Robin Melville <robmel@innotts.co.uk>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, ben@narcissus.ml.org, nate@trout.mt.sri.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RMS's view on dynamic linking

At 4:35 pm -0700 22/2/97, Terry Lambert wrote:

>I can predict that a social construct like FreeBSD operate in a certain
>fashion based on its organizing principles, based on observation of
>other social constructs with similar organizing principles.  In the
>same way I can predict a rock will fall... [etc.]

This is a man who has never heard of chaos theory... FreeBSD obviously works solely upon the basis of strange attractors :)

Rob.

Robin Melville, Addiction Information Services                           Nottingham Alcohol & Drug Team
Tel:  +44 (0)115 952 9478       Fax:  +44 (0)115 952 9421
work: robmel@nadt.org.uk        home: robmel@innotts.co.uk
Pages: http://www.innotts.co.uk/~robmel    (home page)
       http://www.innotts.co.uk/nadt       (substance misuse pages)