Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 23:03:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        alex@frustum.clara.co.uk (Aleksandar Simic)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dial-up Sendmail

Aleksandar Simic wrote,
> In FreeBSD's FAQ under System Administration section there is an
> answer to how to set up Sendmail to relay mail if a user has a dial-up
> connection with an dynamically assigned IP number.
>
> A user is advised to do the following:
>
> 	#  cd /usr/src
> 	#  tar -xvzf /cdrom/dists/src/ssmailcf.aa
>
> in order to ensure that she/he has the required sources.
>
> After checking all the four CDs of 3.3 release I wasn't able to find
> the /cdrom/dists/src/ssmailcf.aa file.
>
> Since those sources don't exist I can't create ".mc" file and turn it
> into "/etc/sendmail.cf"file.
>
> Am I doing something very wrong or is the information in the FAQ out
> of date ?
>
> Thank you for your time.

Sorry for the delay on this. I put this mail aside and never got to
looking it up until now.

There is no 'ssmailcf' set of source files on my old 3.2R CDs
either. However, you can find the sources and install them with the
first CD,

# cd /cdrom/src
# cat scontrib.?? | tar xzf - -C /usr/src contrib/sendmail

If you want to put them somewhere else change the '/usr/src' to
whatever directory you'd like.

Might want to submit a doc PR about that FAQ item.