Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:59:22 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        "'freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   installation dies om 2100: / disk full

Dear All,

With your help I have now managed to boot the little cretin and get it to
detect its disks. It now boots into sysinstall, but does not install
properly. The disks now dangle off of the NCR controller.

When I have the start screen of sysinstall it reads "/: wr" at the bottom of
the screen. On the second console I find a message similar to:

  gunzip: write failed: "/" file system full.

This is all before I even touch sysinstall. Just start into the opening
screen.

I dd'd /dev/zero over the first meg or so of the disk since this box booted
NT in a previous life, but that does not fix the problem.

I'm not sure how to proceed.

    Kees Jan