Date:      Fri, 10 May 2002 11:16:55 +0200
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1021424446.a121e6@mired.org>
Cc:        dan@langille.org, FreeBSD Chat List <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>

Mike Meyer said on May  9, 2002 at 20:00:46:

> No, Dan, you didn't fuck up. It looks like Alan is running a poor - I
> won't say broken - TMDA configuration.

I agree.  Besides, Alan's complaint seems to be that he's in the To:
header.  I've seen the complaint before: "don't send it to me
separately, I'm subscribed".  The point is, (a) not everyone who posts
is subscribed, and (b) even those who are subscribed may prefer to be
listed explicitly on the headers, for example if they filter their
list mail into a separate folder but also want to receive a copy of
your reply in their inbox.  And it's hard to keep track of everyone's
preferences.

So I'd say, just leave the sender in the To: and the list in the cc:,
it's the recipient's business to take care of it...