Date:      Mon, 3 Dec 2012 09:02:11 +0100
From:      Jacek Sobczak <jacek.pankracek@gmail.com>
To:        Dan Carroll <fbsd@dannysplace.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fastest (IO) micro ATX motherboard

Hi,
I'm using microITX with Atom D330 with 4SATA disk at home
i recommend you to use graid5 port instead of zfs. For fast ZFS pool u need
lot of ram and fast SSD for ZIL log. In other case RAID5 will be much
faster.

Configuration depends of yours needs. U need to choose if you want to
store/copy lot of small files or big like a video files.
If you will store big files and write it and read sequentially I recommend
to create RAID5 with large stripes like 256K. Create a FS with big blocks.
Also I thing its better to use partition on disks rather than using whole
RAW disk space because you can set proper alignment. Check if yours disks
have 4K sectors or  512B.

For me that configuration is doing 40-50MB/sec with reads and ~35MB/sec
writes using Samba.

Best regards