Date:      Mon, 15 May 2006 22:56:21 -0600
From:      "sfp" <mosfet@planet.eon.net>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   disable kernel driver at boot?

Google & the handbook hasn't helped on this one...

Is it possible to disable a driver compiled into a 4.10 kernel at boot =
time by feeding a (set?) command to the loader?

In this case I want to turf the EM(4) driver that was compiled into the =
kernel I've inherited and substitute it with a new if_em.ko using =
kldload.

I don't have the option of recompiling the kernel to exclude EM(4).  Any =
chance this can be achieved by specifying a kernel.conf sans EM(4)... =
but that leads to the question of how I'd construct said kernel.conf =
given that I only have the kernel and nothing else to work with.

Thanks in advance.