Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:27:49 +0400
From:      Kirill Bezzubets <kirill@solaris.ru>
To:        Eric Masson <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
Subject:   Re: Dell 4150 & ACPI-0293: *** Warning: Buffer created with zero length in AML

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 12:17:45PM +0200, Eric Masson wrote:

> I've just installed 5.1-RELEASE on my inspiron 4150 (Bios A06, latest
> available) and I'm facing the message in subject while booting.

Same on Latitude CPi D266XT.
It was even worse until I've patched DSDT.
For now I get only the same message and can't get anything about batteries:

acpi_cmbat0: battery initinalization failed, giving up
acpi_cmbat1: battery initinalization failed, giving up

Looks like buggy ACPI code in 5.1-RELEASE,
because with 5.0-RELEASE everything was OK.

I guess I should merge ACPI code from 5.0-RELEASE
in 5.1-RELEASE and rebuild everything.

Any comments? Ideas?

--
BR,
Kirill Bezzubets                                CASE-RIPE CASE-RIPN