Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 1997 08:33:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <jamie@itribe.net>
To:        Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <Hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: GNATBox

On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, Michael Hancock wrote:

> Check this out, http://www.gta.com.  A financial company here in Japan
> told us they pretty much mandated this thing world wide as their standard
> Firewall solution.  I tried it out and it looks like it's based on
> FreeBSD.
>
> I put 3 Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100B cards in a PC and had it configured
> and working in about 10 minutes.
>
> You don't even need a harddisk, just a floppy and 8MB of RAM.
>
> Regards,
>

> Mike Hancock

We use a GTA GFX-94 firewall here.  Early versions of their
environment/software were BSDi based, but they have recently switched to
FreeBSD due to license/cost issues.  Ours is not the little NAT box, but
the big dual tower double firewall.  Very nice box.

Jamie Bowden

System Administrator, iTRiBE.net